Raising Awareness of IU’s Contributions to the Vitality of the State and the Nation
At Indiana University, we understand the importance of reaching beyond the walls of the classroom. The Office of the Vice President for University Relations strives to connect the hubs of academia, industry and government together in an effort to share the mutual benefits of discovery and innovation. We work with state and federal leaders, community and regional partners, established industry and entrepreneurial start-ups, all with a single focus of leveraging IU’s talent and resources to make our campuses, state and country a better place.
- Government leadership. We work with both state and federal legislative bodies to ensure higher education remains a top priority for future generations.
- Community and regional partners. We align educational programs with regional workforce needs, promote regional industry clusters, and innovate in teaching and learning to create a stronger regional economy.
- Federal Research Funding. We work with numerous federal agencies to enhance, educate and increase IU’s opportunity for federal investment to support faculty and university innovation and discovery.
- Industry leaders. We leverage IU’s expertise and talented students in support of our state’s strategic industries.
- Entrepreneurial support. We assist faculty, students and alumni turn their innovative ideas into startups that catalyze Indiana’s economy.
- Economic engagement. We are committed to leading regional economic development through each of our IU campuses.
- Defense support. We facilitate relationships with defense and homeland security agencies by sharing innovation and technology advances.
- Civic education. We develop, teach and provide materials that support increasing K-12 knowledge of citizenry responsibilities and civic participation in our country’s governmental process.